From: John Sisker on
"George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
news:hp7nm701npr(a)news5.newsguy.com...
> Aren't you the guy who whines that Ray send you emails saying "already
> posted" and that he shouldn't do that? Whine. Sniff. Moan. Woe is me.
> Quit picking on me!"
>
> Aren't you that guy?
>
> I thought so.
>
> George Leppla



This is incorrect! You need to refresh your memory George; this issue is not
in reference to pointing things out on this newsgroup - you do that all the
time - but as to the personal e-mails I receive from Ray in his quest to
apparently keep score. Even though you were apparently not paying attention
again, at least I stayed away from going the private e-mail route. Now,
let's more on, that is unless you want to continue to make a mountain out of
a molehill.

Now, as to the actual press release, Deborah was quite excited about this
opportunity when we first learned about it a few days ago.

John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY´┐Ż
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com / www.tinplatedesign.com >
Facebook/Twitter/Blog/Flickr/MyPage

From: frijoli on
Nonny wrote:
>
> "George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
> news:4BB7567A.9090807(a)cruisemaster.com...
>> Carnival Adds New Chef's Table Dining Option
>>
>> Received this note from Carnival:
>>
>> In an effort to expand extraordinary on board programs, Carnival is
>> adding a new dining option, Chef's Table, which lets passengers tour
>> the galley and dine with a ship chef. The culinary experience includes
>> a multi-course dinner hosted by one of the line's master chefs along
>> with a private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. The Chef's
>> Table was launched last year as a pilot program aboard the Carnival
>> Dream and Carnival Ecstasy and currently is being rolled out to six
>> other ships. With The Chef's Table, a group of 12 guests have
>> cocktails and hors d'ouevres with the ship's chef de cuisine. The chef
>> then takes the group on a tour to see the galley in operation. The
>> evening concludes with a full-service dinner with appetizers, entrees
>> and desserts. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in
>> non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship, such as the galley,
>> library, conference center, etc. The Chef's Table program is being
>> rolled out to the following ships over the next several weeks:
>> Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Imagination, Carnival
>> Inspiration, Carnival Pride and Carnival Fascination. The program can
>> be booked on board through the ships' guest information desk. The cost
>> is $75 per person.
>> --
>>
>> George Leppla
>>
>> Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
>> Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
>> Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
>
> It's an interesting concept, George, and one that's offered at some
> places here in Las Vegas, I understand. The only thing I wonder about
> is "where" the venues will be aboard the ships. If they are in areas
> normally used by the passengers- the library you mentioned comes to
> mind- doesn't this take away from the other passengers when they can't
> use the library? It smacks to me of the art auctions, where it's almost
> impossible to navigate around in the lobby of the ship or the atrium
> because of all the so-called art things being shown for sale.
>
> Still, I bet that it's a very successful item.
>
I would definitely be interested in doing this if it weren't
on Carnival.

Clay
From: Sue Mullen on


frijoli wrote:

> I would definitely be interested in doing this if it weren't on Carnival.

They have a similar thing on Princess and maybe other cruise lines also.
As I recall the price was about $75 per person.

sue
From: George Leppla on
John Sisker wrote:
> "George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
> news:hp7nm701npr(a)news5.newsguy.com...
>> Aren't you the guy who whines that Ray send you emails saying "already
>> posted" and that he shouldn't do that? Whine. Sniff. Moan. Woe is
>> me. Quit picking on me!"
>>
>> Aren't you that guy?
>>
>> I thought so.
>>
>> George Leppla
>
>
>
> This is incorrect! You need to refresh your memory George; this issue is
> not in reference to pointing things out on this newsgroup - you do that
> all the time - but as to the personal e-mails I receive from Ray in his
> quest to apparently keep score. Even though you were apparently not
> paying attention again, at least I stayed away from going the private
> e-mail route. Now, let's more on, that is unless you want to continue to
> make a mountain out of a molehill.


So let me get this straight...

1) When Ray sends you a private email saying "already posted", that is
horrible, causing you such anguish that you have to post about it here
on r.t.c... whining about how badly Ray is treating you.

2) When you post on r.t.c. "that was already posted"... that is entirely
correct and aboveboard... not petty or petulant. In fact, you should be
commended for staying "away from going the private email route" and
posting basically the same message in public.

I am sure I speak for all the readers of r.t.c in thanking you for
pointing out the difference between the way you are offended in
private email and the way you try to graciously correct other people by
doing the same thing in public.

Your logic is a thing of beauty and is something not often found in this
newsgroup. Thank you for sharing... we are all better for your
participation.


--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster

From: frijoli on
George Leppla wrote:
> John Sisker wrote:
>> "George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
>> news:hp7nm701npr(a)news5.newsguy.com...
>>> Aren't you the guy who whines that Ray send you emails saying
>>> "already posted" and that he shouldn't do that? Whine. Sniff.
>>> Moan. Woe is me. Quit picking on me!"
>>>
>>> Aren't you that guy?
>>>
>>> I thought so.
>>>
>>> George Leppla
>>
>>
>>
>> This is incorrect! You need to refresh your memory George; this issue
>> is not in reference to pointing things out on this newsgroup - you do
>> that all the time - but as to the personal e-mails I receive from Ray
>> in his quest to apparently keep score. Even though you were apparently
>> not paying attention again, at least I stayed away from going the
>> private e-mail route. Now, let's more on, that is unless you want to
>> continue to make a mountain out of a molehill.
>
>
> So let me get this straight...
>
> 1) When Ray sends you a private email saying "already posted", that is
> horrible, causing you such anguish that you have to post about it here
> on r.t.c... whining about how badly Ray is treating you.
>
> 2) When you post on r.t.c. "that was already posted"... that is entirely
> correct and aboveboard... not petty or petulant. In fact, you should be
> commended for staying "away from going the private email route" and
> posting basically the same message in public.
>
> I am sure I speak for all the readers of r.t.c in thanking you for
> pointing out the difference between the way you are offended in
> private email and the way you try to graciously correct other people by
> doing the same thing in public.
>
> Your logic is a thing of beauty and is something not often found in this
> newsgroup. Thank you for sharing... we are all better for your
> participation.
>
>
Please don't speak for me George. I can do that on my own.
As to logic, no matter how he tries Johns responses are
emotional not logical.

While I have lost respect for John, I have little for Ray
either.

John and Ray both correct others as do most people here.
They difference from my point of view is John makes sure
everyone knows he did it, and then points out why and how he
has been maligned for doing so in the past.

John, however, like it or not actually asks questions and
spurs dialog beyond just posting and saying I read this
somewhere and thought you might like read it as well.

If John would shut his damn pie hole some times I could
stand him better. At least Ray isn't a nag.

Clay