From: George Leppla on
Carnival Adds New Chef's Table Dining Option

Received this note from Carnival:

In an effort to expand extraordinary on board programs, Carnival is
adding a new dining option, Chef's Table, which lets passengers tour
the galley and dine with a ship chef. The culinary experience includes a
multi-course dinner hosted by one of the line's master chefs along with
a private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. The Chef's Table
was launched last year as a pilot program aboard the Carnival Dream and
Carnival Ecstasy and currently is being rolled out to six other ships.
With The Chef's Table, a group of 12 guests have cocktails and hors
d'ouevres with the ship's chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group
on a tour to see the galley in operation. The evening concludes with a
full-service dinner with appetizers, entrees and desserts. Depending on
the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues
throughout the ship, such as the galley, library, conference center,
etc. The Chef's Table program is being rolled out to the following
ships over the next several weeks: Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation,
Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Pride and Carnival
Fascination. The program can be booked on board through the ships' guest
information desk. The cost is $75 per person.
--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
From: John Sisker on
This press release was already mentioned on 4/1/2010 via
http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=69598. Check that out
for more information.

John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY´┐Ż
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com / www.tinplatedesign.com >
Facebook/Twitter/Blog/Flickr/MyPage

From: George Leppla on
John Sisker wrote:
> This press release was already mentioned on 4/1/2010 via
> http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=69598. Check that
> out for more information.


Aren't you the guy who whines that Ray send you emails saying "already
posted" and that he shouldn't do that? Whine. Sniff. Moan. Woe is me.
Quit picking on me!"

Aren't you that guy?

I thought so.


--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
From: Nonny on

"George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
news:4BB7567A.9090807(a)cruisemaster.com...
> Carnival Adds New Chef's Table Dining Option
>
> Received this note from Carnival:
>
> In an effort to expand extraordinary on board programs, Carnival
> is adding a new dining option, Chef's Table, which lets
> passengers tour the galley and dine with a ship chef. The
> culinary experience includes a multi-course dinner hosted by one
> of the line's master chefs along with a private cocktail
> reception and a tour of the galley. The Chef's Table was
> launched last year as a pilot program aboard the Carnival Dream
> and Carnival Ecstasy and currently is being rolled out to six
> other ships. With The Chef's Table, a group of 12 guests have
> cocktails and hors d'ouevres with the ship's chef de cuisine.
> The chef then takes the group on a tour to see the galley in
> operation. The evening concludes with a full-service dinner with
> appetizers, entrees and desserts. Depending on the vessel, the
> meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the
> ship, such as the galley, library, conference center, etc. The
> Chef's Table program is being rolled out to the following ships
> over the next several weeks: Carnival Liberty, Carnival
> Sensation, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival
> Pride and Carnival Fascination. The program can be booked on
> board through the ships' guest information desk. The cost is $75
> per person.
> --
>
> George Leppla
>
> Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
> Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
> Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster

It's an interesting concept, George, and one that's offered at
some places here in Las Vegas, I understand. The only thing I
wonder about is "where" the venues will be aboard the ships. If
they are in areas normally used by the passengers- the library you
mentioned comes to mind- doesn't this take away from the other
passengers when they can't use the library? It smacks to me of
the art auctions, where it's almost impossible to navigate around
in the lobby of the ship or the atrium because of all the
so-called art things being shown for sale.

Still, I bet that it's a very successful item.

--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.
And suppose you were a member
of Congress.... But then I repeat myself.'

-Mark Twain
..


From: Peaches on
"Nonny" <somebody(a)cox.net> wrote in message
news:APKtn.198102$Dv7.115379(a)newsfe17.iad...
>
> "George Leppla" <george(a)cruisemaster.com> wrote in message
> news:4BB7567A.9090807(a)cruisemaster.com...
>> Carnival Adds New Chef's Table Dining Option
>>
>> Received this note from Carnival:
>>
>> In an effort to expand extraordinary on board programs, Carnival is
>> adding a new dining option, Chef's Table, which lets passengers tour the
>> galley and dine with a ship chef. The culinary experience includes a
>> multi-course dinner hosted by one of the line's master chefs along with a
>> private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. The Chef's Table was
>> launched last year as a pilot program aboard the Carnival Dream and
>> Carnival Ecstasy and currently is being rolled out to six other ships.
>> With The Chef's Table, a group of 12 guests have cocktails and hors
>> d'ouevres with the ship's chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group
>> on a tour to see the galley in operation. The evening concludes with a
>> full-service dinner with appetizers, entrees and desserts. Depending on
>> the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues
>> throughout the ship, such as the galley, library, conference center, etc.
>> The Chef's Table program is being rolled out to the following ships over
>> the next several weeks: Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation, Carnival
>> Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Pride and Carnival
>> Fascination. The program can be booked on board through the ships' guest
>> information desk. The cost is $75 per person.
>> --
>>
>> George Leppla
>>
>> Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
>> Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
>> Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
>
> It's an interesting concept, George, and one that's offered at some places
> here in Las Vegas, I understand. The only thing I wonder about is "where"
> the venues will be aboard the ships. If they are in areas normally used
> by the passengers- the library you mentioned comes to mind- doesn't this
> take away from the other passengers when they can't use the library? It
> smacks to me of the art auctions, where it's almost impossible to navigate
> around in the lobby of the ship or the atrium because of all the so-called
> art things being shown for sale.
>
> Still, I bet that it's a very successful item.
>
> --
> Nonny
> Suppose you were an idiot.
> And suppose you were a member
> of Congress.... But then I repeat myself.'
>
> -Mark Twain
> .
>
>

On the Ecstasy last week, it was held in the Library. It wasn't a big deal,
as it was dinner time and very little use of the Library at that time. I
didn't participate, but I will in Sept. on the Conquest, extensive menu and
good wine list. I'm looking forward to it already..

Peaches in Rowlett TX